Best Mahi Burger, Color Your Plate!
Posted on 04 August 2016
There are few fish we love more than a good ol’ Mahi while offshore fishing our backyard of the East Florida Coast. This season was insane, the hunt was hot and catch was fresh, but I wanted to try something a bit different with the premium fillets we were stacking.
Instead of the classic Mahi Slab I wanted to experiment with trying to make a true American style burger out of our freshly caught Mahi.
The recipe is pretty easy and turned out awesome, so we at BRINY™ wanted to share it with you. Check this out:
* servings 2-3
- 1lb mahi mahi fillet, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash of rock salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons real butter.
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
“ Bro will you throw a patty in the air so I can catch it in my mouth”.
- Take those juicy Mahi cuts and combine them with some hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger, fresh cilantro, mayonnaise, green onions, pepper and a dash of rock salt. Put all that goodness in a blender or food processor and give it a bit of pulse till its pretty finely chopped. Tenderly, pat those puppies into 4 insane patties. We like to take them and put them in the fridge for an hour or two to let the patties fully absorb the flavor. You can also just pop them in the Freezer for like 25 min if in a hurry.
- Put the Sesame oil in the pan first once it gets a bit hot add the butter in a skillet and heat over medium. Once sizzling, place those awesome patties in the pan and cook for 3 minutes per side or until you get them cooked through. Note this is fish, so it will not take as long as meat patty to cook them through.
- I like to serve these with some toasted potato buns. And you can always put a side of Mayonnaise and fresh tomatoes and wild greens/ lettuce or spinach out and don’t forget the limes and or lemon wedges to give it that edge!
SIDES & NOTES
I have also made the above recipe as small sliders, which is awesome for a quick appetizer served with a cold beer ;)
This recipe also goes great with some fresh guacamole and you know those lime tostitos? Well they are freakin’ awesome and give the fish that bite, I tell you I am hooked!
Sending you good vibes..
P.S I also had some mango chutney and jazzed it on top the burger, which was unreal!